Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.54
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionLegs, the inaugural book in William Kennedy s acclaimed Albany cycle of vels, brilliantly evokes the flamboyant career of gangster Jack Legs Diamond. Through the equivocal eyes of Diamond s attorney, Marcus Gorman (who scraps a promising political career for the more elemental excitement of the criminal underworld), we watch as Legs and his showgirl mistress, Kiki Roberts, blaze their gaudy trail across the tabloid pages of the 1920s and 1930s.
- Author BiographyWilliam Kennedy, author, screenwriter and playwright, was born and raised in Albany, New York. Kennedy brought his native city to literary life in many of his works. The Albany cycle, includes Legs, Billy Phelan's Greatest Game, and the Pulitzer Prize winning Ironweed.The versatile Kennedy wrote the screenplay for Ironweed, the play Grand View, and cowrote the screenplay for the The Cotton Club with Francis Ford Coppola. Kennedy also wrote the nonfiction O Albany! and Riding the Yellow Trolley Car. Some of the other works he is known for include Roscoe and Very Old Bones.Kennedy is a professor in the English department at the State University of New York at Albany. He is the founding director of the New York State Writers Institute and, in 1993, was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Letters. He has received numerous literary awards, including the Literary Lions Award from the New York Public Library, a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship, and a Governor s Arts Award. Kennedy was also named Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters in France and a member of the board of directors of the New York State Council for the Humanities.
- Author(s)William Kennedy
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/1983
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date12/05/1994
- Weight221 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.