All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionPhotographs of Texas' frontier past are valuable as both art and artifact. Recording t only the lives and surroundings of days gone by, but also the artistry of those who captured the people and their times on camera, the rare images in Lens on the Texas Frontier offer a documentary record that is usually available to only a few dedicated collectors. In this book, prominent collector Lawrence T. Jones III showcases some of the most interesting and historically important glimpses of Texas history included among the five thousand photographs in the collection that bears his name at the DeGolyer Library of Southern Methodist University. One of the nation's most comprehensive and valuable Texas-related photography collections, the Lawrence T. Jones III Collection documents all aspects of Texas photography from the years 1846-1945, including rare examples of the various techniques practiced from its earliest days in the state: daguerreotypes, ambrotypes, tintypes, and paper print photographs in various formats. The selections in the book feature cartes de visite, cabinet cards, oversized photographs, stereographs, and more. The subjects of the photos include Confederate and Union soldiers and officers in the Civil War; Mexicans, including ranking military officials from the Mexican Revolution; and a wide spectrum of Texan citizens, including African American, Native American, Hispanic, and Caucasian women, men, and children.
- Author BiographyPerhaps the nation's premier private collector of historic Texas photographs, LAWRENCE T. JONES III began collecting Texas images some forty years ago. He has provided research and images from his collection for museum and library exhibits, state park sites, television productions, and numerous publications.
- Author(s)Lawrence T. Jones
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note350 color photos. 3 tables. Fig. 2 appendixes. Index.
- Weight1542 g
- Width254 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byRussell L. Martin,Roy Flukinger
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.