All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of the national bestseller Lies My Teacher Told Me, the second myth-busting history book which focuses on the inaccuracies, myths, and lies that can be found at national landmarks and historical sites all across America. In Lies Across America, James W. Loewen continues his mission, begun in the award-winning Lies My Teacher Told Me, of overturning the myths and misinformation that too often pass for American history. This is a one-of-a-kind examination of sites all over the country where history is literally written on the landscape, including historical markers, monuments, historic houses, forts, and ships. With entries drawn from each of the fifty states, Loewen reveals that:
- The USS Intrepid, the feel-good war museum, celebrates its glorious service in World War II but where mentions the three tours it served in Vietnam.
- The Jefferson Memorial misquotes from the Declaration of Independence and skews Jefferson's writings to present this conflicted slave owner as a near abolitionist.
- Abraham Lincoln had been dead for thirty years when his birthplace cabin was built.
- Author(s)James W Loewen
- PublisherTouchstone Books
- Date of Publication16/10/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTouchstone Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width161 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.