All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife, Culture and Education on the Academic Plantation: Womanist Thought and Perspective, a collection of autobiographical essays, employs autobiography as a form of life history. Autobiography has been adopted as a mode in which to make sense of the world and analyze the complex and paradoxical dynamics of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, and other positionalities. This book addresses issues such as race and gender within the academy, motherhood and parenting, Black epistemology, political praxis and social activism, as well as the education of children of color from urban centers.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dierdre Glenn Paul is Associate Professor and Chairperson of Reading and Educational Media in the College of Education and Human Services at Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, New Jersey. She publishes in a variety of genre and on a consistent basis. She is the author of Raising Black Children Who Love Reading and Writing: A Guide from Birth Through Grade 6.
- Author(s)Dierdre Glenn Paul
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleHigher Ed
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight210 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.