Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionDon't let the title fool you! If you are interested in numerical analysis, applied mathematics, or the solution procedures for differential equations, you will find this book useful. Because of Lanczos' unique style of describing mathematical facts in nmathematical language, Linear Differential Operators also will be helpful to nmathematicians interested in applying the methods and techniques described. Originally published in 1961, this Classics edition continues to be appealing because it describes a large number of techniques still useful today. Although the primary focus is on the analytical theory, concrete cases are cited to forge the link between theory and practice. Considerable manipulative skill in the practice of differential equations is to be developed by solving the 350 problems in the text. The problems are intended as stimulating corollaries linking theory with application and providing the reader with the foundation for tackling more difficult problems.
- Author(s)Cornelius Lanczos
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- Series TitleClassics in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 18
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Series Edited byRobert O'Malley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.