All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lowriders are back! Lupe Impala, Elirio Malaria and El Chavo Octopus are living their dream at last--they are the proud owners of their very own garage. Then an unexpected series of earthquakes hits their town, and their beloved cat Genie goes missing. Our heroes hit the road in search of him, only to discover that the trail leads to a confusing cornfield. All is t what it seems, as the cornfield leads to the realm of Mictlantecuhtli, the Aztec god of the Underworld, who is keeping Genie prisoner! It will take all of Lupe's, Elirio's, and El Chavo's courage and smarts to outwit old Mic. But our heroes are brave. They are willing to go all the way to the Centre of the Earth to rescue Genie--and in this book, that's just what they do! Ather inventive, visually amazing adventure from the duo that created LOWRIDERS IN SPACE.
- Author BiographyCathy Camper's work has been featured in Amy Sedaris' book Simple Times; Crafts for Poor People and in the New York Times review of the book. She's published a children's science book Bugs Before Time; Prehistoric Insects and Their Relatives with Simon and Schuster (2002), and her work has appeared in places like Wired, Cricket, Cicada, Primavera, Women's Review of Books, Utne Reader and Giant Robot. She reviews graphic novels online for Lambda Books. She works for Multnomah County Library in Portland, Oregon, as a librarian doing outreach to schools and kids grade K-12. For more information: www.cathycamper.com Raul Gonzalez's work is drawing much acclaim, and was featured in three shows in 2011: The Community Art Initiative Artist Project: And Their Families, at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Close Distance at the Mills Gallery, in Boston Massachusetts, and The Artadia Award Show, at the Art Institute of San Francisco, California. He teaches classes on drawing and comics for kids at The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, The Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston and the Maude Morgan Visual Arts Center in Cambridge. Raul has exhibited his work along the East Coast in Boston and New York at such fine galleries as Carrol and Sons, Space 242, Aidekman Visual Arts Center and many more. He was recently awarded the Wet Paint Grant: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/06/raul-gonzales-receives-ca_n_950786.html Growing up in Texas, he remembers Cholo kids were masters at drawing with Bic pens and that has influenced his style of drawing for this book. For more of his artwork see: www.artbyraul.com
- Author(s)Cathy Camper
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication05/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight340 g
- Width184 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Raul Gonzalez
- Format DetailsColoring / join-the-dot book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.