All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoost student interest and understanding in the physical sciences! Teaching physical science in the elementary and middle grades can be challenging for busy teachers faced with growing demands and limited resources. Robert Prigo provides fun and engaging activities using safe, available materials that educators can easily incorporate into lesson plans. Extensive examples, sample inquiry questions, and ideas for initiating units are readily available for teachers to pick and choose from to meet student needs. The result of more than two decades of professional development work with hundreds of teachers and administrators, this resource addresses specific areas of physical science, including motion and force, waves and sound, light and electromagnetic waves, and more. Dozens of activities demonstrating physics in action help students of all ages relate physics principles to their everyday experiences. This practitioner-friendly resource helps teachers: * Address the big ideas in K--8 science education * Promote student understanding with ready-to-use learning experiences * Use hands-on activities to help students make larger, real-world connections * Assemble classroom learning centers to facilitate deeper understanding of basic physics principles With conceptual summaries to support teachers' proficiency and understanding of the content, this guidebook is ideal for bringing physics to life for students in the classroom and in their lives!
- Author BiographyRobert Prigo received his doctorate in Physics and Physics Education from the University of California at Santa Barbara and has taught in the Physics Department at Middlebury College for the past 27 years. He currently resides in Middlebury, Vermont.
- Author(s)Robert Prigo
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight371 g
- Width178 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.