CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- SynopsisBestselling author Kim Cameron delivers both a riveting story and a thoroughly researched case study that delves into the spectacularly impossible success of the shutdown and clean-up of Rocky Flats, one of the most notorious nuclear weapons plants in the United States. As the most contaminated nuclear plant in the USA the site was home to notorious environmental disasters and worker unrest. The government estimated that it would take 70 years and $36 billion dollars to clean up and close the facility. Instead, the site has witnessed the most remarkable performance of any organisation in history. It will be cleaned up to 13 times better-than-federal-standards and turned into a wildlife refuge 60 years ahead of schedule and $30 billion dollars under budget. The book concludes by exposing ten culminating and concise leadership principles responsible for the remarkable success at Rocky Flats.,By a coauthor of Developing Management Skills (over 150,000 copies sold) Tells the inside story of one of the most astonishing organizational successes of modern times: the shutdown and cleanup of the controversial Rocky Flats nuclear weapons plant Identifies specific practices, approaches, and techniques any organization can adopt to achieve extraordinary performance The most contaminated nuclear plant in the country, Rocky Flats was an environmental disaster and the site of rampant worker unrest. Although estimates projected that cleaning up and closing the facility would take seventy years and $36 billion, something stunning happened. The project was completed sixty years ahead of schedule and $30 billion under budget and is now on its way to becoming a wildlife refuge. In Making the Impossible Possible, Kim Cameron and Marc Lavine explain how this remarkable feat was achieved - and how breakthrough levels of performance can be achieved by any organization. After analyzingnumerous firsthand accounts and public records, Cameron and Lavine realized that the leaders of the Rocky Flats cleanup took a distinctive "abundance approach" to the task. These leaders focused on identifying and building on sources of strength, resilience, and vitality rather than simply solving problems and overcoming difficulties. The result was extraordinary positive deviance: outcomes far exceeding normal expectations. For the first time, Cameron and Lavine identify the specific leadershiproles and key enablers - levers, techniques, and practices - involved in implementing this innovative approach. This fascinating and thoroughly researched case study concludes by revealing ten leadership principles ultimately responsible for the Rocky Flats turnaround, providing a complete guide for any organization wanting to better understand and apply the lessons of this incredible success.,The most contaminated nuclear plant in the country, Rocky Flats was an environmental disaster and the site of rampant worker unrest. Although it was estimated that it would take 70 years and $36 billion to clean up and close the facility, something stunning happened. Now on its way to becoming a wildlife refuge, the project is running 60 years ahead of schedule and $30 billion under budget. In ""Making the Impossible Possible,"" Kim Cameron explains how this remarkable performance was achieved -- and how it can be replicated. Using numerous first-hand accounts and public records, Cameron draws a number of leadership guidelines that can be applied to any business. This fascinating and thoroughly researched case study concludes by revealing the ten leadership principles responsible for the Rocky Flats turnaround -- and in doing so, provides a means for other organizations to harness the lessons of this astonishing success.
- AuthorKim S. Cameron,Marc Lavine
- Number Of Pages264 pages
- Publication Date2006-08-01
- PublisherBerrett-Koehler Publishers, Incorporated
- Publication Year20060000
- Copyright Date2006
- Weight15.5 Oz
- Height0.8 In.
- Width6.2 In.
- Length9.2 In.
- LC Classification NumberTD898.12.C6C36 2006
- Dewey Decimal363.72/8909 78884
- Dewey Edition22
Table Of Content
- Table Of Content1. The Story of Achieving the Impossible2. A Brief History of Rocky Flats3. Caveats and Alternative Views of Rocky Flats Success4. Leadership, Collaboration, and Competing Values5. Adhocracy Quadrant Enablers6. Hierarchy Quadrant Enablers7. Clan Quadrant Enablers8. Market Quadrant Enablers9. A Summary of Key Enablers of Spectacular Performance
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.