All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA growing body of research demonstrates how the arts - including literary, performing and visual arts as well as architecture and design - can greatly enhance the experience of healthcare, contributing to improved health outcomes, a better patient experience and lower healthcare costs. This unique book provides an overview of what the arts in healthcare can achieve and how to implement the arts in the most effective manner. Exploring possibilities for invative program design and implementation - from healing gardens through public performances to bedside activities - the text draws on examples from a wide range of arts. The book then goes on to look at how programs can be aimed at specific populations and fields, such as children, palliative care and caregivers. This comprehensive book is an invaluable reference for all those studying or engaged in creating, designing, managing and evaluating arts in healthcare programs and initiatives.
- Author BiographyPatricia Dewey Lambert, PhD, is Associate Professor and Director of the Arts and Administration Program at the University of Oregon, where she also directs the UO Center for Community Arts and Cultural Policy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 23 black & white halftones, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byPatricia Dewey Lambert
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.