All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, published to accompany a massive exhibition scheduled for July 2012 at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, Martin Parr turns his idiosyncratic eye on concepts such as leisure, consumption and communication, and how these themes play out in America.
- Author BiographyMartin Parr was born in Epsom, Surrey, UK, in 1952. He studied photography at Manchester Polytechnic, from 1970 to1973 and, since then, he has worked on numerous photographic projects.He has developed an international reputation for his innovative imagery, hisoblique approach to social documentary, and his input to photographicculture within the UK and abroad. In 1994 he became a full member of Magnum Photographic Corporation. In recent years, he has developed an interest in filmmaking, and has startedto use his photography within different conventions, such as fashion andadvertising. Martin Parr was appointed Professor of Photography in 2004 at TheUniversity of Wales Newport campus. Martin Parr was Guest Artistic Director for Rencontres D'Arles in 2004. In 2006 Martin Parr was awarded the Erich Salomon Prize and the resultingAssorted Cocktail show opens at Photokina. In 2008 Martin Parr was guest curator at New York Photo Festival, curatingthe New Typologies exhibition. Parrworld opened at Haus de Kunst, Mucich, in 2008. The show exhibitedParr's own collection of objects, postcards, his personal photographycollection of both British and International artists, photo books and finallyhis own photographs. The exhibition toured Europe for the following 2 years.At PhotoEspana, 2008, Martin Parr wins the Baume et Mercier award inrecognition of his professional career and contributions to contemporaryphotography.Martin Parr curated the Brighton Photo Biennial that took place in October2010.
- Author(s)Martin Parr
- Date of Publication04/06/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1140 g
- Width231 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.