Meeting the Challenge of Adolescent Literacy: Research We Have, Research We Need by Guilford Publications (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $54.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this concise, thought-provoking book, prominent researchers analyze existing kwledge on adolescent literacy, examine the implications for classroom instruction, and offer specific goals for future research. The volume reviews cutting-edge approaches to understanding the unique features of teaching and learning in secondary schools. Particular attention is given to how teaching literacy across disciplines can improve students' content-area learning, and the book includes chapters dedicated to literacy in math and science classrooms. Also addressed are key findings and unresolved questions regarding fluency instruction, struggling adolescent readers, responding to the literacy needs of African American adolescents, and literacy coaching.
- Author BiographyMark W. Conley, is Professor of Teacher Education and coordinator of the undergraduate and graduate literacy programs at Michigan State University, USA. His research focuses on literacy assessment, content-area literacy, and literacy policy. Joseph R. Freidhoff, MA, is a doctoral candidate in the Educational Psychology and Educational Technologies program at Michigan State University, USA. His areas of research include new literacy practices of preservice teachers, teacher collaboration and community, and teaching and learning in online environments. Michael B. Sherry, MA, is a doctoral candidate in the Department of Teacher Education at Michigan State University, USA. A former middle and high school literature and drama teacher, he studies preservice English Language Arts teachers' decision-making processes. Steven Forbes Tuckey, MA, is a doctoral candidate in the Department of Teacher Education at Michigan State University, USA, and has extensive experience in secondary and postsecondary classrooms. His research focuses on science and mathematics curriculum design, responsive pedagogy, technology and writing in the sciences, and history and philosophy of science and mathematics.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight244 g
- Width156 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJoseph R. Freidhoff,Mark W. Conley,Michael B. Sherry,Steven Forbes Tuckey
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.