Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- Est. delivery by 8 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe invative series that consistently gives unapologetic, unashamed voice to the contemporary gay male writer. The Advocate The fifth volume in the acclaimed Men on Men series brings readers 20 new stories that pulse with humor, energy, and eroticism, as they explore the tender, often painful truths of our lives. Gay writers have stepped out in front on the contemporary literary scene, and so the stories in this collection refuse to conform, be politically correct, or embrace conventions. The coming out tale appears in the works of Adam Klein, Joshua David, and Michael Lowenthal, but longer confessional, longer familiar, each story will shock and surprise. D. Lee Williams s Toilet Training breaks taboos with its portrayal of exploitation, anger, and revenge set in a public men s room. The irresistibly sensual combination of chocolate and sex permeates a wickedly funny tale of seduction in Brian Kirkpatrick s Hot Chocolate Drops. And Paul Bonin-Rodriguez establishes himself as a writer to be watched with his poignant, hilarious, and bawdy story of gay love at a Texas Dairy Queen. Again breaking fresh ground with both established and first time authors of extraordinary talent, Men on Men 5 addresses issues that are immediate and real and dares to be naughty, sexy, and fun. This is the collection that once again sets the standard for stimulating, provocative, uncommon prose: t just remarkable gay fiction, but remarkable American writing.
- Author BiographyDavid Bergman is a Professor of English at Towson State University, and is the author of Gaiety Transfigured: Gay Representation in American Literature and the editor of Camp Grounds: Style and Homosexuality. Bergman has published poetry in The Paris Review, The New Criterion, and The New Republic. He has edited a collection of Edmund White's essays entitled The Burning Library, and is presently working on a history of the Violet Quill group. He lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/1995
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date08/06/2002
- Weight280 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Volume editorDavid Bergman
- Introduction byDavid Bergman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $52.06Trending at AU $60.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.