About this product
- DescriptionAlchemists of old attempted to make sense of the universe--to discover the connection between mind and matter. Some of today's scientists, in particular quantum physicists, are doing the same. In this contribution to the study of consciousness, physicist Fred Alan Wolf reveals what he calls the new alchemy --a melding of the ideas of the old alchemists and the new scientists to reach a fuller understanding of mind and matter. An elegant book with short, stand-alone chapters, each framed by an alchemical symbol and its definition. Thought-provoking for scientists and lay people alike.
- Author BiographyFred Alan Wolf, Ph.D. works as a physicist, writer, and lecturer. His work in quantum physics and consciousness is well known through his popular and scientific writing. He is the author of fourteen books, including Taking the Quantum Leap, which was the recipient of the prestigious National Book Award for Science.
- Author(s)Fred Alan Wolf
- PublisherMoment Point Press Inc,US
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth, NH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintMoment Point Press Inc,US
- Content Note10 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight350 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.