Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAndrew White is something of a legend: a man of great charm and energy, whose personal suffering has t deflected him from his role as one of the world's most trusted mediators and reconcilers. As a child and young man growing up in London Andrew was frequently ill. He set his heart on working in the field of anaesthetics, an ambition he achieved, but later found himself called into Anglican ministry. He has since had a considerable role in the work of reconciliation, both between Christian and Jew and between Shi'ite and Sunni Muslim. As Vicar of St George's Baghdad, the only Anglican church in Iraq, he leads a team providing food, health care, and education on a major scale and often in dire circumstances. Despite the pain from multiple sclerosis, he has nevertheless been able to mediate between opposing extremes. He is frequently involved in hostage negotiations, and played a key role in ending the siege at the Church of the Nativity in Jerusalem. His personal friendships have included Yasser Arafat and Pope John Paul II. He has been kidnapped, lives in constant danger, and ISIS is a growing threat. He is trusted by those who trust very few.
- Author BiographyCanon Andrew White, the vicar of St George's Church in Baghdad, has extensive experience of conflict mediation in Iraq and the wider Middle East. President and CEO of the Foundation for Reconciliation in the Middle East, launched in 2005, he has written extensively about conflict resolution and has been involved in many hostage negotiations. He is author of The Vicar of Baghdad.
- Author(s)Andrew White
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication23/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Books
- Content Note8pp colour photos
- Weight544 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.