All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNabiophysics is a new branch of science that operates at the interface of physics, biology, chemistry, material science, natechlogy, and medicine. This book is the first one devoted to nabiophysics and introduces this field with a focus on some selected topics related to the physics of biomolecular nasystems, including nucleosomal DNA and model lipid membranes, nabiohybrids involving DNA/RNA and single-walled carbon natubes, biomolecules deposited on naparticles, and nastructured surfaces. It describes unique experimental physical methods that are used to study nasized biostructures. It outlines the applied aspects of nabiophysics, considering the state of art in the fabrication of two types of sensors: gas sensors, with a focus on breath gas detection, and naphotonic sensors, with a focus on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon detection in water samples. It also covers the development of nascale scaffolds for delivery of therapeutic nucleic acids to cells, which is an important example of the possible application of nabiophysics researches in namedicine.
- Author BiographyVictor Alexeevich Karachevtsev is head of the Molecular Biophysics Department and a professor of physics and mathematics at B. Verkin Institute for Low Temperature Physics and Engineering of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (ILTPE), Ukraine. He received his master's degree in physics (1977) from the University of Kharkov, Ukraine, and obtained his PhD (1986) and Dr. Sci. (1997) in physics and mathematics from ILTPE. He received the State Award of Ukraine in Science and Technology in 2012. His research interests concern the functionalization of carbon nanomaterials with biopolymers, enzymes, proteins, etc., and the developments of their applications in biosensing.
- PublisherPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Content Note87 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byVictor A. Karachevtsev
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.45Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.