All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamining identity in relation to globalization and migration, this book uses narratives and memoirs from contemporary authors who have lived 'in-between' two or more languages. It explores the human desire to find one's 'own place' in new cultural contexts, and looks at the role of language in shaping a sense of belonging in society.
- Author BiographyMAIREAD NIC CRAITH is based at the University of Ulster, Northern Ireland. Author and editor of thirteen books, she was joint winner of the 2004 Ruth Michaelis-Jena Ratcliff research prize. She was elected to the Royal Irish Academy in 2009 and has held visiting positions in Ireland, the UK and Germany.
- Author(s)Mairead Nic Craith
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/02/2012
- Series TitleLanguage and Globalization
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight461 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.