All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNelson Mandela had very simple dreams as a young man growing up in a small South African village; he dreamed of being free to choose his own path in life. But being a black man in South Africa, even the simple dream of freedom could never become a reality. South Africa was a nation ruled by an oppressive and discriminatory set of laws kwn as apartheid. Black men and women could t have certain jobs or live in certain neighborhoods, or even walk down the street without being arrested or assaulted by the brutal police force. South Africans desperately needed their freedom and Nelson Mandela answered the call. He took the lead in the fight for the equality of all races, and the government of South Africa responded to his pleas for justice by trying to crush him. Nelson Mandela was stripped of his rights, and sent to the harshest prison in all of South Africa to die. But his spirit could t be broken. From his tiny prison cell, Mandela managed to rally the entire world. During this fight for justice, he taught even his oppressors the value of tolerance and compassion. He brought freedom to an entire nation and set a shining example to the rest of the world.
- Author BiographyLewis Helfand was born in 1978 in Philadelphia. Passionate about comic books, Lewis soon published his very own, Wasted Minute - a story of a world without crime where superheroes are forced to work regular jobs. With the first issue received well, he was soon collaborating with other artists and released four more issues over the next few years. At the same time, Lewis continues to work outside the field of comic books as a freelance writer and reporter for a number of national print and online publications.
- Author(s)Lewis Helfand
- Date of Publication17/01/2012
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Content Note1
- Weight311 g
- Width165 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.