All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Covenant Theology (NCT) is a developing system of theology that is working to provide a more accurate way to interpret the Scriptures by questioning key theological presuppositions which undergird the principles of interpretation (hermeneutics) that exist in both Covenant Theology (CT) and Dispensational Theology (DT). NCT is based upon a redemptive history approach to understanding the fulfillment of God's eternal purpose on earth. Its Christotelic Hermeneutic with Christ as the focus in all the Scriptures (Luke 24:27) is based upon a biblical theology that stresses the theology of the Bible itself. NCT challenges explanation of the theological presuppositions of the one overarching covenant of grace teaching of CT, including its understanding of the moral law of God and the nature of the Church. NCT also challenges the two redemptive purposes of DT, one for the Church and one for Israel, and it challenges some of DT's presuppositions and literal hermeneutic for understanding key elements of Bible prophecy. The driving motive of NCT is Back to the Bible. NCT emphasizes the inductive study of the Bible. A major objective of NCT is that its hermeneutic will help bring doctrinal unity in this sin-wrecked world by helping to break down the middle walls of doctrinal partition that exist between DT and CT.
- Author BiographyGary D. Long is the Faculty President of Providence Theological Seminary in Colorado Springs, CO. He holds degrees from the University of Missouri (B.S. in Agriculture, 1959) and from Dallas Theological Seminary (Th.M. in Systematic Theology, 1969; Th.D. in Historical Theology, 1972). He also assisted as a church planter while serving in the U.S. Army and retired as a Field Artillery Colonel in 1989. His published writings include Definite Atonement, Biblical Law and Ethics, The Christian Sabbath-Lord's Day Controversy and Context! Evangelical Views on the Millennium Examined.
- Author(s)Gary D Long
- Date of Publication03/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.