All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rich Meaning Behind the Hebrew and Greek Words of the Bible Whether you're a pastor, a student, or simply a lover of the Bible, this book helps you get more out of God's Word by revealing the original meanings of key biblical words. The reader-friendly, narrative style makes it easy to explore the Hebrew and Greek words that lie behind the English words. You'll discover significant shades of meaning and nuances that bring depth to your understanding of Scripture. This highly accessible reference tool surpasses the well-kwn Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words in a number of ways: * Thorough coverage of both Old and New Testaments gives you a firm grasp of the entire Bible. * The Goodrick/Kohlenberger numbering system allows for accurate identification of Hebrew and Greek words. * Top evangelical scholarship ensures current insights into the meanings of words. * Biblical concepts are fully discussed, providing you t only with understanding, but also, where appropriate, with practical and devotional insights you can apply to your life. * Entry words are taken from the NIV and the NASB-respectively, the best-selling contemporary translation and today's most literal word-for-word translation. * Major KJV terms are cross-referenced to broaden your understanding of translational nuances and distinctions. * Four indexes include: Hebrew words, Greek words, Scripture references, and topical index. Exceptional value ...Clear, precise, and balanced. -James Montgomery Boice, Pastor, Tenth Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia A milestone in Bible study aids. -Jerry E. White, Executive Director, The Navigators Zondervan's Understand the Bible Reference Series This six-volume series supplies users of today's most popular modern Bible translation, the New International Version, with scholarly, ecomical, and uncompromisingly evangelical study tools. It includes the New International Bible Commentary, New International Bible Dictionary, New International Bible Concordance, and New International Encyclopedia of Bible Words, New International Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties, and the New International Encyclopedia of Bible Characters.
- Author BiographyLawrence O. Richards is currently a full-time author and speaker. He has written over 200 Christian books, including commentaries on every book of the Bible and Zondervan bestselling Adventure Bible and Teen Study Bible, which he did with his wife, Sue.
- Author(s)Dr. Lawrence O. Richards
- Date of Publication10/02/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleZondervan's Understand the Bible Reference Series
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width155 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine53 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.