Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
About this product
- Descriptioncollects the best of over fifty years of his prose - including his finest journalistic pieces, short stories, translations, jokes and a play, as well as excerpts from his autobiography, vels and n-fiction books. Taken together, this collection shows just why Khushwant Singh is one of the country's most celebrated and widely-read authors.
- Author BiographyKhushwant Singh is India's best-known writer and columnist. He has been founder - editor of Yojana, and editor of the Illustrated Weekly of India, the National Herald and the Hindustan Times. He is also the author of several books which include the novels Train to Pakistan, I Shall Not Hear the Nightingale, Delhi, The Company of Women and Burial at Sea; the classic two-volume A History of the Sikhs; and a number of translations and non-fiction books on Sikh religion and culture, Delhi, nature, current affairs and Urdu poetry. His autobiography, Truth, Love and a Little Malice, was published in 2002. Khushwant Singh was a Member of Parliament from 1980 to 1986. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 1974, but returned the decoration in 1984 in protest against the storming of the Golden Temple by the Indian Army. In 2007, he was awarded the Padma Vibhushan.
- Author(s)Khushwant Singh,Nandini Mehta
- PublisherPenguin Books India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication16/08/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPenguin Books India
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.