All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the role of social media on fundamental change in Arab countries in the Middle East and North Africa? Online Arab Spring responds to this question, considering five countries: Egypt, Libya, Jordan, Yemen, and Tunisia, along with additional examples. The book asks why the penetration rate for social media differs in different countries: are psychological and social factors at play? Each chapter considers national identity, the legitimacy crisis, social capital, information and media literacy, and socialization. Religious attitudes are introduced as a key factor in social media, with Arabic countries in the Middle East and North Africa being characterized by Islamic trends. The insight gained will be helpful for analysing online social media effects internationally, and predicting future movements in a social context.
- Author BiographyReza Jamali is a PhD candidate in Strategic Management at Tarbiat Modares University (TMU) Iran, Visiting Researcher at Radboud University Nijmegen (The Netherlands) and Selected Researcher at Yazd University (2009). He has published widely on issues of strategic management specifically focusing on science and technology ethics, social media and service excellence. His publications include articles in the Business Strategy Series, Performance Measurement and Metrics, Journal of Academic Ethics, Journal of Information Ethics and several international conferences. He is a reviewer of the Journal of Intellectual Capital, Gender in Management: An International Journal and Science & technology Policy. Now, he is conducting a research about How we can develop an ethical behavior index in social media and internet to rank websites based on ethical behavior, rather than number of visitors.
- Author(s)Reza Jamali
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Weight150 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.