All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople are fascinated by optical illusions. There is something intrinsically satisfying about static pictures that appear to move, change color, or fool us into seeing things that aren't really there. This comprehensive survey of optical illusions includes an astonishing range of images from ancient times to the present. Covering illusions of depth, inversions, vibration effects, ambiguous figures, camouflage, anamorphic art, tessellations, and other visual brain teasers, it presents examples from psychology, the popular press, the decorative arts, contemporary street art, and the fine arts. M. C. Escher, Pablo Picasso, Rene Magritte, Liu Bolin, and other artists are generously represented. Thanks to author Paul Baars's deep engagement with the art and science of optical illusions, this book supersedes all others on the subject.
- Author BiographyPaul M. Baars is a designer based in Amsterdam. His firm, Paul Baars Design, creates original identities and objects, and his works are sold in galleries and museums in the Netherlands and abroad. His lifelong fascination has been optical illusions.
- Author(s)Paul M Baars
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white halftones, colour illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width218 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byJoost Elffers
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.