All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionOptimal Transport Methods in Ecomics is the first textbook on the subject written especially for students and researchers in ecomics. Optimal transport theory is used widely to solve problems in mathematics and some areas of the sciences, but it can also be used to understand a range of problems in applied ecomics, such as the matching between job seekers and jobs, the determinants of real estate prices, and the formation of matrimonial unions. This is the first text to develop clear applications of optimal transport to ecomic modeling, statistics, and ecometrics. It covers the basic results of the theory as well as their relations to linear programming, network flow problems, convex analysis, and computational geometry. Emphasizing computational methods, it also includes programming examples that provide details on implementation. Applications include discrete choice models, models of differential demand, and quantile-based statistical estimation methods, as well as asset pricing models. Authoritative and accessible, Optimal Transport Methods in Ecomics also features numerous exercises throughout that help you develop your mathematical agility, deepen your computational skills, and strengthen your ecomic intuition. * The first introduction to the subject written especially for ecomists* Includes programming examples* Features numerous exercises throughout* Ideal for students and researchers alike
- Author BiographyAlfred Galichon holds joint appointments in the Department of Economics and the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University. He is on the editorial boards of the Review of Economic Studies and Economic Theory and is a research fellow at the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) and the Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Author(s)Alfred Galichon
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note2 halftones. 5 line illus. 2 maps.
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.