Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $28.84New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.18
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $19.94
- AU $79.86Trending at AU $82.45
About this product
- DescriptionIt is September 2009, Ramadan and the eve of Afghanistan's first 'democratic' elections when young American Malone, pilot for an aid airline, does Fatima Hamza the favour of flying her out of Kabul to Bamiyan, while his surgeon wife Kim heads south to Kandahar. The beguiling, Oxford-educated Pashtun Fatima has left Pakistan to rediscover the country she comes from, she tells him, to retrace the places that were important to her spy-chief father, ex-military man and writer with a disturbing gift of prophecy. For both Kim and Malone, the foray into that dangerous territory is to become a prolonged adventure, their former lives receding as they lose touch with one ather and enter the world of the enemy. Each is to witness the horror of an air raid, and each is to come face-to-face with the Taliban. They will glimpse hell, but paradise, too, and be changed.
- Author BiographyPaul Pickering is the author of six novels: Over the Rainbow, Charlie Peace, The Blue Gate of Babylon, Perfect English, Wild About Harry and The Leopard's Wife. He lives in London, where he is a columnist for The Times.
- Author(s)Paul Pickering
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.