Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionWitnesses to the disappearance of a text, palimpsest manuscripts bear the marks of their own genesis, with their original inscription rubbed out and written over on the same parchment. This collection explores analogies of erasure and rewriting observed in editorial and literary practices underlying the production of texts from medieval England.
- Author BiographyRAELEEN CHAI-ELSHOLZ An independent scholar and technical translator, Chai-Elsholz recently contributed several entries for the Oxford Dictionary of the Middle Ages. TATJANA SILEC Assistant Professor at the Sorbonne, France. LEO CARRUTHERS Professor of English at the Sorbonne, France. He is the President of the French Association for Medieval English Studies.
- Author(s)Leo Carruthers,Raeleen Chai-Elsholz,Tatjana Silec
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/03/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNew Middle Ages
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.