All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a memoir that is equal parts business, politics, and spirituality. Hinda Miller's career has spanned all three, and then some! Inspired by the simple, yet powerful, legacy of her father, Bobo, Ms. Miller and a partner develop and bring to market the Jogbra, the original sports bra. Over the next decade they build their company into a women's sportswear powerhouse. Eventually, the company is sold to a corporate giant, and Ms. Miller begins a new career as an executive. Eventually, she leaves business and embarks on a new career as a Vermont State Senator and board member for such companies as Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. Throughout all her ventures, Hinda Miller is guided and anchored by a strong connection to the practice of yoga. Now she is preparing for a new venture as a Sultana, a woman of experience and wisdom who is always practicing, always learning, and always grateful.
- Author BiographyHinda Miller has been a Vermont State Senator since 2003. As vice chair of the economic development committee and member of the appropriations committee, she has championed legislation promoting the creative economy, green environmental technologies, and complementary medicine as part of quality health care. Born in Canada, she has been, since 1977, a resident of Burlington, Vermont, where she lives with her husband, Dr. Joel Miller. She has two grown children, Macey and Noah. She received a BFA from Parsons School of Design & MFA from New York University as well as an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Trinity College. Before serving in the Vermont Senate, she enjoyed a successful career as an entrepreneur, corporate executive, visiting university professor, corporate director, community activist, and yoga teacher. In 1977, she co-founded Jogbra, Inc., the original maker of the Jogbra women's sports garment. After growing the business into a national brand and selling the company to Sara Lee Corp., Hinda continued on as president, CEO and spokesperson from 1990-1997. Ms. Miller presently sits on the board of directors of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. as chair of the Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance Committees. She is a former board member of the New England Culinary Institute, and is a trustee emeritus of Champlain College. Ms. Miller believes that a strong inner voyage for self-knowledge is the foundation of a successful and purposeful life. She has continually tried to bring spiritual practice into worldly endeavors, always practicing the integration of the material and spiritual world. To that end, she has been a seeker and student of yoga for over 30 years, teaching yoga to prison inmates, teenage mothers, and women of all ages.
- Author(s)Hinda Miller
- Date of Publication22/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.