All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionPhotovoltaic Laboratory: Safety, Code-Compliance, and Commercial Off-the-Shelf Equipment is the only textbook that offers students the opportunity to design, build, test, and troubleshoot practical PV systems based on commercially available equipment. Complete with electrical schematics, layouts, and step-by-step installation instructions, this hands-on laboratory manual: * Promotes safety first by covering working in extreme weather conditions, personal protective equipment, working at heights, electrical safety, and power tool safety * Includes chapters on trade math, DC/AC electrical circuits, and assessing a property for a photovoltaic system (e.g., surveying the available space, shading, and solar harvest) * Discusses aspects of mechanical and electric integration specific to different roof types, and characterizing a PV module under different levels of irradiation and ambient temperature * Addresses the design, installation, and testing of off-grid PV systems with DC-only loads and with DC and AC loads, as well as 2.4 kw DC grid-tied PV systems with microinverters and string inverters * Trains students on exactly the sort of equipment that they will encounter in the field, so they gain valuable experience and skills that translate directly to real-world applications Photovoltaic Laboratory: Safety, Code-Compliance, and Commercial Off-the-Shelf provides in-depth, project-driven instruction on everything from attaching brackets and flashing to modeling PV cells, modules, and arrays. This textbook is ideal preparation for those seeking a career in the PV industry-from system installers and designers to quality assurance and sales/marketing personnel.
- Author BiographyPeter T. Parrish is an adjunct professor at Santa Monica College, California. He also teaches at Cerritos College, Norwalk, California, and Irvine Valley College, Irvine, California. In addition, he has taught at Pierce College, Woodland Hill, California; College of the Desert, Palm Springs, California; and College of the Canyons, Santa Clarita, California, where he developed the solar program and chaired the Alternative Energy and Transportation Technology Department. He has taught and conducted research at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst; served as a consultant to MIT Lincoln Laboratories, Lexington, Massachusetts; and held adjunct faculty positions at Northeastern University, Boston, and Drexel University, Philadelphia. He received his BS from the University of Colorado and his Ph.D from the University of California, Berkeley, both in physics.
- Author(s)Peter T. Parrish
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication07/06/2016
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note165 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables
- Weight536 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.