All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new approach to a director whose contribution to cinema is often overshadowed by the events of his personal life, Polanski and Perception focuses on Roman Polanski's interest in the nature of perception and how this is manifested in his films. The incorporation of cognitive research into film theory is becoming increasingly widespread, with vel cinematic techlogies and recent developments in digital projection making a strong grasp of perceptual psychology critical to fostering cognitive engagement. Informed by the work of neuropsychologist R.L. Gregory, this volume focuses primarily on two sets of films: the Apartment Trilogy of Repulsion , Rosemary's Baby , and The Tenant ; and the Investigation Trilogy of Chinatown , Frantic , and The Ninth Gate . Also included are case studies of Knife in the Water , Death and the Maiden , and The Ghost . Polanski and Perception presents a highly original and engaging new look at the work of this influential filmmaker.
- Author BiographyDavide Caputo studied psychology and film at the University of Manitoba and completed his PhD at the University of Exeter. His primary research interest is the examination of the cognitive experience of cinematic spectatorship, and how this has, and continues to be, affected by evolving technology.
- Author(s)Davide Caputo
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication11/05/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Weight499 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.