All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis bold, forward-thinking text offers a clear rationale for the development of curricula and pedagogy that will reflect young people's in-school and out-of-school popular culture practices. By providing a sound theoretical framework and addressing popular culture and new techlogies in the context of literacy teacher education, this book marks a significant step forward in literacy teaching and learning. It takes a cross-disciplinary approach and brings together contributions from some of the world's leading figures in the field. Topics addressed include: * children's popular culture in the home * informal literacies and pedagogic discourse * new techlogies and popular culture in children's everyday lives * teachers working with popular culture in the classroom. This book illustrates the way in which literacy is evolving through popular culture and new techlogy and is an influential read for teachers, students, researchers and policy makers.
- Author BiographyUniversity of Sheffield, UK.
- Author(s)Elaine Millard,Jackie Marsh
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note16 black & white tables, 10 black & white halftones, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.