All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the powerful numerical techniques and graphical user interfaces available in present software tools for power system transients, a lack of reliable tests and conversion procedures generally makes determination of parameters the most challenging part of creating a model. Illustrates Parameter Determination for Real-World Applications Geared toward both students and professionals with at least some basic kwledge of electromagnetic transient analysis, Power System Transients: Parameter Determination summarizes current procedures and techniques for the determination of transient parameters for six basic power components: overhead line, insulated cable, transformer, synchrous machine, surge arrester, and circuit breaker. An expansion on papers published in the IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, this text helps those using transient simulation tools (e.g., EMTP-like tools) to select the optimal determination method for their particular model, and it addresses commonly encountered problems, including: * Lack of information * Testing setups and measurements that are t recognized in international standards * Insufficient studies to validate models, mainly those used in high-frequency transients * Current built-in models that do t cover all requirements Illustrated with case studies, this book provides modeling guidelines for the selection of adequate representations for main components. It discusses how to collect the information needed to obtain model parameters and also reviews procedures for deriving them. Appendices summarize updated techniques for identifying linear systems from frequency responses and review capabilities and limitations of simulation tools. Emphasizing standards, this book is a clear and concise presentation of key aspects in creating an adequate and reliable transient model.
- Author BiographyJuan A. Martinez-Velasco is on the faculty at the Universitad Politecnica de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/10/2009
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note379 black & white illustrations, 93 black & white tables
- Weight1315 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byJuan A. Martinez-Velasco
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.