All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA progressive secular society is one committed to the widening of scientific kwledge and humane feeling. It regards humanity as part of physical nature and opposes any appeal to supernatural agencies or explanations. In particular, human moral perspectives are human creations and the only basis for ethics. Secular values need re-affirming in the face of the resurgence of aggressive supernatural religious doctrines and practices. This book gives a set of 'secular thoughts for the day' - many only a page or two long - on topics as varied as Shakespeare and Comte, ecomics, science and social action.
- Author BiographyTom Rubens holds BA and MA degrees in English, and has taught this subject in further and higher education for most of his working life. In addition to six already published books in philosophy, he has also published a selection of poetry. As well as teaching and writing, he is active in community and political affairs.
- Author(s)Tom Rubens
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication26/06/2008
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Series TitleSocietas
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Weight201 g
- Width134 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.