All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe branch of a sycamore grows through the opening of a wall in a Manhattan studio. A pool-house on Long Island becomes a sod-roofed tea house. An 18th Century farmhouse in Pennsylvania expands to echo the path of a meandering stream. Such are the measured designs of Phillip Smith and Douglas Thompson whose work stands out as an oasis of calm in an age of information overload. Their sources of inspiration vary widely from early European modernism to the stilted kampongs of Malaysia. Qualities of Duration is the first book to chronicle this firm's complete body of work with 350 stunning illustrations and a thought provoking text by architectural historian Alastair Gordon.
- Author(s)Alastair Gordon
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1240 g
- Width225 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.