All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionA critical look at the life, work, and influence of the important and award-winning Spanish architect Rafael Moneo The Spanish architect Rafael Moneo (b. 1937) has won numerous awards (including the prestigious Pritzker Architecture Prize), yet this publication is the first to offer a critical study of his career as a whole-t only his many built works and projects but also his contributions to teaching and his writings. The book begins with a comprehensive biography, covering Moneo's education, teaching appointments, and encounters with historians and architects in Europe and the United States, such as Peter Eisenman, Jorn Utzon, and Bru Zevi. Also included is a discussion of some of the buildings that he has designed, tably the Prado Museum extension and Atocha Station in Madrid. The following section examines in more detail seven key buildings chosen to illustrate crucial developments in Moneo's thinking, from the Bankinter, Madrid, to the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles. The last and most extensive section considers his architectural philosophy: his design approach, his idea of the can, his theory of composition, his tion of form, and his confrontation with reality-in construction and context.
- Author BiographyFrancisco Gonzalez de Canales is unit master and histories and theories tutor at the School of Architecture, the Architectural Association, London, and professor in architectural history, theory, and composition, University of Seville. Nicholas Ray is reader emeritus in architecture, University of Cambridge, fellow and director of studies in architecture, Jesus College, Cambridge, and visiting professor in architectural theory at the University of Liverpool.
- Author(s)Francisco Gonzalez de Canales,Nicholas Ray
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note50 color + 50 b/w illus.
- Weight1044 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.