All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReading Explorer is a six-level content-based reading series featuring video from National Geographic to help develop reading and vocabulary skills for all learners. Each unit of Reading Explorer contains two reading passages and an optional video activity. Reading passages cover a wide range of real-world topics related to culture, science, social studies, travel, and adventure. * Motivating real-world content supported by stunning visuals help develop learners' understanding of the wider world in which they live. * Reading passages develop visual literacy, and incorporate graphic organizers, to help learners become better readers of English. * Reading Comprehension activities cover essential reading skills and question types commonly found on standardized tests. * Vocabulary Practice activities and Vocabulary Builder boxes present and reinforce high-frequency vocabulary items. * Video from National Geographic motivates students and aids in visual learning.
- Author BiographyKristin Johannsen held an MA in Applied English Linguistics from the University of Wisconsin - Madison. She had extensive experience teaching English in Japan, the United Arab Emirates, South Korea, France, and the United States. She has presented her ideas on global issues at multiple conferences around the world and was a published author. She spoke several languages including French, German, Spanish, Norwegian, and Korean. Becky Tarver Chase is an experienced English instructor who has taught all subject areas including reading, writing, grammar, communication skills, and test preparation. She has worked at universities and in private programs in the United States, Mexico, and Thailand. Her current focus is on creating effective language-learning materials, and she is one of the authors of the World English, Reading Explorer, Close-Up, and Pathways series from National Geographic Learning.
- Author(s)Kristin Johannsen,Rebecca Chase
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication14/04/2010
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle-Cengage ELT
- Weight454 g
- Width213 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementGlobal ed
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $21.30Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $18.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.