All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sermon on the Mount is one of the most familiar passages in the New Testament. In this concise and clearly-written introduction to and commentary on the Sermon, Charles Talbert pays particular attention to its role in character formation and ethical decision making. After introductory chapters on reading the Sermon on the Mount, the book offers a section-by-section commentary. Talbert points out structural highlights, provides illuminating cross-references to Jewish and Greco-Roman literature, and concludes each section with a consideration of how it contributes to character formation and how it can be used with the rest of Scripture for ethical decision-making. The book is packed with insights that will be of great use to students as well as those who preach and teach the Sermon.
- Author BiographyCharles H. Talbert (Ph.D., Vanderbilt University) is distinguished professor of religion at Baylor University. He is the author or editor of twenty books, including commentaries on Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, and Revelation.
- Author(s)Charles H. Talbert
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.