Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $160.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $209.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new edition of this classic history examines the political, ecomic, social, religious and cultural life of Europe at the height of the Renaissance. J.R. Hale t only records the events of 1480-1520, but also suggests what it was like to have lived in this period. He provides readers with an understanding of the quality of lives of people living at this time and includes processes and personalities t often covered by other books. For the second edition Professor Michael Mallet provides an updated bibliography and an extended introduction explaining the book's place in the historiography of the subject.The book is arranged thematically, each chapter designed to provide information about a specific field of inquiry and also give an insight into the people of this era. J. R. Hale investigates how these people felt about their environment and the passage of time; their relationships with government and other institutions, from the Church to the family; their ecomic frameworks; the part religion played in their lives; and what cultural and intellectual pursuits were available to them. Renaissance Europe compares our own attitudes to those of the Renaissance and vice versa, thereby enriching the readers understanding of everyday life in the past.
- Author BiographyJ. R. Hale was formerly Professor of Italian History at University College London. He had been a Fellow and Tutor in Modern History at Jesus College, Oxford; the founding Professor of History at the University of Warwick; a visiting fellow at the Harvard Centre for Renaissance Studies, I Tatti, Florence; and Professor of Italian at University College London. He was a fellow of the British Academy, a former chairman of the Trustees of the National Gallery and was knighted for services to learning and the arts in 1984. His books include England and the Italian Renaissance (1954), Machiavelli and Renaissance Italy (1961), Renaissance Exploration (1968), Renaissance War Studies (1983), War and Society in Renaissance Europe 1450-1620 (1985) and The Civilization of Europe in the Renaissance (1993). Professor Hale died in 1999.
- Author(s)John Hale
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleBlackwell Classic Histories of Europe S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight554 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.