Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
About this product
- DescriptionRenzo Pia (b.1937) is one of the world's greatest living architects. He has made his name over the last 20 years as a provocative and inventive designer, first as co-creator of the Pompidou in Paris, with Richard Rogers, and then gradually with projects as diverse as the gallery for the De Menil Collection in the United States, the Bari Sports Stadium in Italy and the Kansai Airport International Terminal in Japan. The practice of Building Workshop practice is characterized by its sensitivity to site and local tradition as well as by its combination of traditional materials and techniques with those from the cutting edge of techlogy. This first volume shows key buildings and projects from Pia's earlier career, as well as from the Building Workshop, to examine closely the evolution of his work. Renzo Pia Building Workshop: Complete Works, Volume 1 provides an illuminating study of Pia's working method, his early mentors and his architectural development, followed by an in-depth presentation of a selection of his most significant buildings and projects.
- Author BiographyPeter Buchanan was formerly Deputy Editor of Architectural Review and is now a freelance writer, lecturer and critic as well as an architect.
- Author(s)Peter Buchanan
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/1999
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Weight1442 g
- Width252 mm
- Height291 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.