All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Report is focused on the informal or the urganised sector of the ecomy, which accounts for an overwhelming proportion of the poor and vulnerable population in an otherwise shining India. It concentrates on a detailed analysis of the conditions of work and lives of the urganised workers consisting of about 92 per cent of the total workforce of about 457 million.One of the major highlights of this Report is the quantification of urganised or informal workers, defined as those who do t have employment security, work security and social security. These workers are engaged t only in the urganised sector but in the organised sector as well. The picture that the Report presents is based on the latest available set of data from the Sixty-first Round of the National Sample Survey in 2004-05. This has been supplemented with data from other sources.In the Report, the Commission tes that the situation calls for immediate steps to ensure minimum conditions of work for the urganised workers as well as measures for their livelihood promotion. The Commission has, therefore, proposed two comprehensive Bills for urganised agricultural and n-agricultural workers. It has, further, proposed a number of measures to improve the livelihood of urganised sector workers.On the basis of its detailed assessment, the Commission has recommended a 13 Point Action Programme. The Commission believes that these measures are within the administrative and fiscal capacity of the Government, and if implemented within a short period of time, will have a significant impact on the lives of the working poor.
- Author BiographyNational Commission for Enterprises in the Unorganised Sector was constituted in September 2004 soon after UPA Government came to power in India in pursuance of its Common Minimum Programme that committed itself to ensure the welfare and wellbeing of all workers, particularly those in the unorganized sector, who constitute 93 percent of India's workforce. Distinguished economist Dr. Arjun K. Sengupta serves as chairman of the commission.
- Author(s)National Commission for Enterprises in the Unorganised Sector
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.