Resonance and Reciprocity: Selected Papers by Dennis Brown by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $121.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of papers, published between 1976 and 2003, traces the invative connections which the eminent group analyst Dennis Brown made between medicine and psychoanalysis. They reveal his important insights into how the principles of group analysis can improve our understanding of philosophy and ethics, and trace the development of trans-cultural dimensions of group analysis. Beginning with Dennis' early work in dermatology, the first section of Resonance and Reciprocity provides a fascinating overview of the insights gained into psychosomatic conditions through the application of psychoanalysis and group analysis. The second section builds on the tenet of group analysis that therapy should change the therapist as well as the client, addressing the changes that can take place in the therapeutic milieu, both in client and provider. The chapter on drowsiness, a modern classic, provides a significant contribution to our understanding of the emotional and physical changes that the therapist experiences during analysis, and its wider implications for our appreciation of how changes in mental and physical states are affected by a person's emotional world. The final section reveals how Dennis Brown extended his interest and his activities beyond the individual, the small and the large group, and studied groups within and across cultures. This book provides t only a solid understanding of complex analytical tions but also opens the road for future development. It will appeal to students and professionals in psychoanalysis, psychotherapy and group psychotherapy.
- Author BiographyDennis Brown, psychiatrist, analyst and group analyst was a leading figure in the field of group analysis and for many years worked both in the NHS and at the Group-Analytic Practice. With vast experience in the treatment of psychosomatic as well as psychological / psychiatric conditions, he taught internationally and was read widely. He co-authored Introduction to Psychotherapy: an outline of psychodynamic principles and practice. He was a founder member of the Routledge International Library of Group Psychotherapy. He was an important contributor in the development of psychotherapy services in the Health Service. Jason Maratos is a psychiatrist for children and adolescents and a group analyst based at The Group-Analytic Practice. In his work he integrates the discoveries of medicine, psychiatry (and the findings of developmental psychology), psychoanalysis and group analysis with philosophical trends from Aristotle to the post-modernists. He has published and lectured in the UK, Europe and South America.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/07/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight542 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJason Maratos
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.