All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe protagonist in this sequel to Secret On Cobb Mountain is Kat Amoretti, a new but dedicated social worker who after taking an elder abuse report, gets caught up in tracking down a missing elderly woman and her younger husband. Kat suspects foul play, and her investigation takes her on some precarious rides on back roads of Lake County, California; with a couple of excursions to Los Gatos and the Santa Cruz mountains, and through some fabulous mansions along the way. As she gets caught up in a dangerous game of cat and mouse Kat unwittingly becomes the prey. Typical of DeCanti's writings, wrapped around the mystery is a romance that provides a peak inside the subconscious workings of Kat's obsession with work and her avoidance of personal commitments- resulting in heartbreak and self awareness.
- Author BiographyKit DeCanti has been writing mysteries ever since the 1950s, when she and her siblings spent hot California summers inventing mysteries to solve. DeCanti's first mystery novel was published in 2009, and practically before it was in print she had two sequels swimming in her head. Although her suspenseful mysteries could stand on their own- Kit typically wraps an intriguing romance around them. As if a mystery and romance weren't enough- Kit DeCanti also takes you on a vivid word tour of the fascinating Lake County, California where she and her husband has lived since 1996. Besides Secret On Cobb Mountain and Return To Cobb Mountain, other books DeCanti has out are The Rock House which is a children's book based on the house Kit's father was born it and was illustrated by Dan Spears; Secrets Of A Lazy Cook- or How I Survived Marriage to An Italian When I Hate The Kitchen, a cook book filled with great recipes and funny family stories. DeCanti also wrote the commentary for SpearsSpheres & SpaceSeekers- Absolutely Abstract, an art book by Dan Spears. Out soon is DeCanti's Crossroads Inn Time trilogy, also set in Lake County. Kit likes to refer to herself as a 'late bloomer', because although she has written since she was eight years old, she was almost fifty before becoming prolific. Kit credits Lake County California for her recent creativity, I started painting and writing almost before I unpacked after moving to Lake County. Just one drive around Clear Lake tells you why the county is full of artists, authors, musicians and poets.- I can't imagine not being creative surrounded by such beauty.
- Author(s)Kit Decanti
- Date of Publication22/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.