Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe first part of this fully illustrated hardback book presents the International Year of Rice and hundreds of events that took place worldwide in 2004 to implement the Year with the enthusiastic and extensive participation of people from rural and urban areas, developed and developing countries, and of governments and n-governmental organizations. The second part of the book describes the facets of Rice is Life - rice production and hunger reduction; rice and human nutrition; rice as a symbol of cultural identity and global unity; rice and environment; rice and agricultural biodiversity; and labour, gender and livelihood in rice. The last part of the book focuses on the importance of rice and, indeed, of agriculture, in and beyond the new millennium. The pages of the book are enriched by photographs taken by the amateur and professional photographers who participated in the International Year of Rice Global Photography Contest.
- Author(s)Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- PublisherFood & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Date of Publication15/09/2005
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationRome
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintFood & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.