CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionLeveson Francis Vern-Harcourt (1839-1907) drew on a distinguished career in canal and river engineering for this illustrated two-volume survey, here reissued in its enlarged 1896 second edition. Having started as an assistant to the civil engineer John Hawkshaw, Vern-Harcourt was appointed resident engineer in 1866 for new works on London's East and West India docks. Later, as a consulting engineer, he specialised in the design and construction of harbours, docks, canals and river works, and he was elected professor of civil engineering at University College London in 1882. This publication covers the design and construction of tidal and flood defences, canals, locks, and irrigation works. Volume 2 covers canal engineering, discussing the design and construction of canals and their associated works such as locks and lifts. Vern-Harcourt also discusses ship canals and irrigation works. His Harbours and Docks (1885) is also reissued in this series.
- Author(s)Leveson Francis Vernon-Harcourt
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Technology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 colour illus.
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.