All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA family business prospers through a series of brutal consolidations and rational growth. Then senseless internal conflicts lead to a long line of demented CEOs, monumental expansion, and foolish diversification-at a high cost in shattered lives. In the end, a series of reverse takeovers leaves the once-proud but w overextended and corrupt parent company at the mercy of less-civilized operations that previously cringed at the grandeur of the corporate brand. Enron? WorldCom? Try Rome, whose rise and fall carry a moral that lingers to this day for the managers, employees, and students of any global enterprise. Stanley Bing-whose satirical business books are as savagely funny as they are insightful-mingles business parable and cautionary tale into an ingenious, often hilarious new telling of the story of the Roman Empire.
- Author BiographyStanley Bing is the author of four humorous and eminently useful books on business, most recently the best-selling Sun-Tzu Was a Sissy, and two novels. He lives in New York City and works for a gigantic multinational conglomerate.
- Author(s)Stanley Bing
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication16/03/2007
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Series TitleEnterprise
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Out-of-print date15/01/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.