All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you need just the essentials of biology, this Easy Outlines book is there to help If you are looking for a quick nuts-and-bolts overview of biology, it's got to be Schaum's Easy Outline. This book is a pared-down, simplified, and tightly focused version of its Schaum's Outline cousin, with an emphasis on clarity and conciseness. Graphic elements such as sidebars, reader-alert icons, and boxed highlights stress selected points from the text, illuminate keys to learning, and give you quick pointers to the essentials. Perfect if you have missed class or need extra review Gives you expert help from teachers who are authorities in their fields So small and light that it fits in your backpack! Topics include: The Chemistry of Life, Cell Structure and Function, The Molecular Basis of Inheritance, The Cellular Basis of Inheritance, The Mechanism of Inheritance, Classification of Prokaryotes, Classification of Eukaryotes, Plant Structure and Function, Intercellular Communication, Musculoskeletal System, Respiration and Circulation, Homeostasis and Excretion, Nurition and Digestion, Reproduction and Early Human Development, Evolution and the Origin of Life, Ecology.
- Author BiographyGeorge H. Fried is a Professor of Biology at Brooklyn College. He received his A.B. from Brooklyn College, and his M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. His research interests have centered on metabolic aspects of comparative physiology and the enzymatic factors in genetic and experimental obesities. From 1983 to 1987 he served as chairperson of the Biology Department of Brooklyn College. He has taught courses in general biology and animal physiology and has developed a course in Biology and Society during a 30-year teaching career. George Hademenos, Ph.D. is an assistant professor at the University of Dallas, where he teaches general physics and quantum physics. He has also taught at the University of Massachusetts and at UCLA.
- Author(s)George H. Fried,George J. Hademenos
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSchaum's Easy Outlines
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.