All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIdeas of separation and divorce the geographical divides of borders, the separation of the dead and the living, the movement from childhood to adulthood, and the end of relationships drive this poetry collection from one of Great Britain's rising young talents. The collection revolves around the poems Y Gaer and The Hillfort, the titles themselves suggesting the linguistic divide in Wales, from poems concerned with childhood, a Welsh landscape, and family to an outward-looking vision that is both geographic and historic.
- Author BiographyOwen Sheers is the author of The Blue Book, which was short-listed for the Welsh Book of the Year and the Forward Prize for Best First Collection, and The Dust Diaries, which won the Welsh Book of the Year and was short-listed for the Ondaatje Prize. He is one of the 2004 Next Generation poets named by the Poetry Book Society.
- PrizesWinner of Somerset Maugham Award 2006.
- Author(s)Owen Sheers
- PublisherPoetry Wales Press
- Date of Publication17/10/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBridgend
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width136 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.