All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an unusual and practical guide to the sky as we see it -- with the naked eye. The author, an experienced teacher, leads the reader from the stars as seen from Earth, through observation of the Sun, Moon and various planets, to a deeper understanding of the Copernican revolution, comets and meteors, and to the sky of the Southern Hemisphere. The text includes mythological and historical aspects of the subject and has numerous exercises for the student. The final chapter is a unique collection of poetry related to the stars from ancient India to modern times. Appendices include future astromical events, technical data, materials and publications, and a comprehensive glossary of astromical terms.
- Author BiographyNorman Davidson was born in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1933. He was a journalist in the UK for ten years, writing on social and cultural events. He was a Waldorf school teacher for sixteen years, teaching astronomy, geometry, history, and literature. He has been director of Teacher Training at the Waldorf Institute of Sunbridge College in Chestnut Ridge, New York. He lectures on astronomy and cultural topics, and is the author of Astronomy and the Imagination, a companion to Sky Phenomena.
- Author(s)Norman Davidson
- PublisherSteinerBooks, Inc
- Date of Publication31/10/2004
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationGreat Barringron
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLindisfarne Books
- Content Note180 b/w line drawings and diagrams
- Weight495 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.