All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDifferential equations with delay naturally arise in various applications, such as control systems, viscoelasticity, mechanics, nuclear reactors, distributed networks, heat flows, neural networks, combustion, interaction of species, microbiology, learning models, epidemiology, physiology, and many others. This book systematically investigates the stability of linear as well as nlinear vector differential equations with delay and equations with causal mappings. It presents explicit conditions for exponential, absolute and input-to-state stabilities. These stability conditions are mainly formulated in terms of the determinants and eigenvalues of auxiliary matrices dependent on a parameter; the suggested approach allows us to apply the well-kwn results of the theory of matrices. In addition, solution estimates for the considered equations are established which provide the bounds for regions of attraction of steady states. The main methodology presented in the book is based on a combined usage of the recent rm estimates for matrix-valued functions and the following methods and results: the generalized Bohl-Perron principle and the integral version of the generalized Bohl-Perron principle; the freezing method; the positivity of fundamental solutions. A significant part of the book is devoted to the Aizerman-Myshkis problem and generalized Hill theory of periodic systems. The book is intended t only for specialists in the theory of functional differential equations and control theory, but also for anyone with a sound mathematical background interested in their various applications.
- Author BiographyMichael I. Gil' is professor of mathematics at Ben Gurion University of the Negev in Beer Sheva, Israel.
- Author(s)Michael I. Gil'
- PublisherSpringer Basel
- Date of Publication16/02/2013
- Series TitleFrontiers in Mathematics
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer Basel
- Content Notebiography
- Weight439 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.