All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe art of armed and unarmed stage combat thrills actors and audiences alike the world over. This book details many of the foundational techniques used by actors studying stage combat and actor-movement disciplines. A variety of specific training exercises are described that connect the actor's imagination to a cohesive and meaningful actor-training curriculum - integrating stage combat with the actor's process of developing a fully embodied awareness of the physical life of the character. Developing physical awareness and dexterity is an essential component of an actor's training and rehearsal processes. Engagement, connection, the ability to listen and respond with authenticity, clarity, flexibility, intentionality, tactical response, variety are all helpful aspects for the actor studying combat movement. With practical exercises and expert advice, Stage Combat Arts allows the actor to further hone their emotional connection and extension, breath and voice, intention and focus, movement and freedom, and their ability to connect physically to imagery and text - disciplines that are at the foundation of actor-training - all through the art of combat movement.
- Author BiographyChristopher DuVal teaches Acting, Stage Combat, and Voice in the Actor Training Program at the University of Utah, USA. He has worked at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival for over fifteen years, co-teaching stage combat skills test classes, acting and fight directing 40 productions. He has also acted, taught, and fight-directed at regional theatres and universities across the United States. He received his MFA from the University of California, where he studied acting with Dr. Robert Cohen. Christopher is a Certified Teacher with the Society of American Fight Directors, a Senior Level Instructor of Theatrical Combat with Dueling Arts International, an Associate Teacher of Fitzmaurice Voicework, and holds a second-degree black belt in Aikido.
- Author(s)Christopher DuVal
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePerformance Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight421 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.