All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book we will introduce the modeling process of turbulent particulate flows which are encountered in many engineering and environmental applications. These types of flows usually also involve heat and mass transfer and turbulence adds ather dimension to the complexity of the problem and hence a rigorous mathematical treatment is usually required. This required mathematical background makes the learning curve for new research students and practicing engineers extremely steep. Therefore modeling process for new or existing problems is extremely slow and is usually restricted to mir improvements to the to the available models. In this book we try to gather the required mathematical kwledge and introduce them more intuitively. Many numerical simulations of basic processes and equation will be given to provide the reader with a physical understanding of the different terms in the underlying equations. We will start the modeling process from a mesoscopic level which deals with the system of an intermediate length scale between the size of the atoms or molecules and the bulk of the material. This provides a unique opportunity for the reader to intuitively add different phemena to their models and equipped with the necessary mathematical tools derive the final models for their problems.
- Author BiographyDr. John Shrimpton teaches fluid mechanics in university of Southampton. His main research activities are physics of dense particle systems (i.e. agglomerates and unstable heaps of particles, usually applied to pharmaceutical powder systems), particle-turbulence interactions (clouds, most industrial spray systems) and multiphase systems that contain electric charge (plasma reactors, electrostatic sprays). He uses both experimental methods and optical diagnostics in addition to actively developing several high quality numerical codes for the computational simulation of particle laden flows.
- Author(s)J. S. Shrimpton,Sina Haeri,Stephen J. Scott
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight221 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.