All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiseases have a history, and understanding that history helps us understand how best to treat and control disease today. Today's students are confronted with a paply of often-frightening illnesses and afflictions - the Biographies of Disease series provides students with the information that they need to understand the origin of various maladies, how they impact contemporary society, and how doctors and researchers from around the world are fighting to devise treatments to alleviate or cure these diseases. This volume, Stroke, covers a common affliction that comes in many different forms, which can be fatal or leave the patient disabled, and which strikes a surprising number of younger people.
- Author BiographyJonathan A. Edlow is Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and attending physician at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. He is the author of Bullseye: Unraveling the Medical Mystery of Lyme Disease (2004).
- Author(s)Jonathan A. Edlow
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBiographies of Disease
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note24 illustrations (b&w), 20 tables
- Weight422 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.